|Dimensions||28 × 18 × 4 cm|
ESTONIA: Usually 2–3 days (if in stock), LATVIA: Usually 3–4 days (if in stock), LITHUANIA: Usually 3–4 days (if in stock), FINLAND: Usually 3–5 days (if in stock), GERMANY: Usually 6–8 days (if in stock)
The Cocoon 5 redirect pulley has a unique design – especially the ingenious closure of the cap nut. Dyneema slings, rope slings or the RopeGuide’s ZipAbsorber disappear inside the pulley and are secured with a pin. Only the cap nut has to be tightened with little power. No tools are needed.
If the cap nut still releases, a black O ring provides enough resistance to prevent further releasing. In the extremely improbable case of further release, a yellow or red signal ring appears, which indicates that the cap nut is not tightened. This mechanism and the high safety margins are well-tried.
Because of the four bores for the bearing pin, the Cocoon 5 can be mounted with a twist of 90°. This is especially important for use with the RopeGuide: Not only with the SpiderJack 3 the rope lines run consecutively instead of side by side, as it is the case with the LockJack for example.
Climbers interested in the sophisticated mechanics of the Cocoon 5 can view a 3D animation on www.climb-art.de. The Cocoon 5 is used with textile ropes according to EN 1891 with a diameter up to 14 mm.
Cocoon 5 features:
- pulley for personal protection
- tested and certified for PPE according to EN 12278
- for textile ropes according to EN 1891 up to Ø 14 mm
- installation of rope or webbing slings without tools or carabiner
- body, bearings and cap nut made of aluminium machined in the solid
- roller is equipped with 2 encapsuled, high quality SKF ball bearings
- smallest redirect diameter 30 mm
- service life: 10 years
- tested: 24 kN/3 Min.
- breaking load: ca. 28 kN
- weight: ca. 177 g